For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Days 6/7/8

Raining when I set off at 6.50am. Rained all day and violent wind. Mainly forest tracks. Nothing to see, nowhere to stop. Walked about 25 miles - 11 hours. Oonly took rucksack off once. Carried water for about 10km - this is not what I came for. Put up tent on side of forest track in 10 minute no rain interval. Very hard walk next day. More mountainous and a few really good views, but don't worry about chopping down trees in the amazon -they have got enough for everybody in France. Late in the day I was faced with a 450m ascent in 2km - that is half a good Munro! Loaded up with water and carried on another 4km or so. Did about 20 miles altogether. Arrived Lafarge to find gite occupied by children's group so was not allowed to stay, but they let me camp. Some of the highest winds I have ever experienced In a tent during the night but no more rain.
Pleasant walking and varied for long descent to Lamalou les Bains for 12.45. Office de T closed till two. Camp sit office
closed till four. Waited at camp site. 11.5 euros per night. Staying
two nights. Search for gas not promising - this getting critical now.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. All is well back at the ranch - if you makes you feel any better it is a typical holiday week in the UK - RAIN, RAIN ,RAIN!!

    Jake is off to the vet this morning for his check up but he seems much better overall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're having a bit of a mini epic in some ways. Hope things improve -particularly on the weather front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I say 'epic' rather than 'adventure' for obvious reasons!

    ReplyDelete