For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Tuesday 19 October 2010

From Banchory 2




Yesterday (Sunday) I climbed a minor hill south of Banchory - Kerloch (534m).There had been a frost overnight and it was bitterly cold and windy when I started walking at 9:50. I had good views from the top looking across to Clachnaben and the route I had done the day before.

Today (Monday) I did Morvern (871m) north of Ballater. This is not far off Munro height and it is a Corbett which has now set my mind going about the Corbett list. I was given the SMC Corbett Guide last Christmas. I know I am never going to do them all but it would be a good focus for continued Scottish hill climbing- I'll have to look at the list and see how many I have done already!

I attempted to take a photo with the Phone on the summit; it was violently windy and I could see nothing in the screen viewfinder to take the pic. I hate these screen viewfinders. My Cannon Shureshot has the old-fashioned one as well which is much better. On getting back to the car I found that the iPhone had been switched to video and I had captured thirty interesting seconds of my legs and feet with trouser legs being ripped in the wind like Bhuddist prayers flags.
Sent from my iPhone

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment