For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Friday 29 April 2011

Welsh Walk - Barmouth to north of Harlech

Thursday 28th April - day 9
Walked a large part on the best beach in the country. Six miles of pristine sand which was the most perfect walking surface. No footprints, no litter, about one couple met every half hour, all in wall to wall sunshine. I donned my Crocs enabling me to cross the odd streams running across the sand into the sea.
I passed through Shell Island (not an island) which is reputed to be the largest camp site in Europe. It is all spaced on hummocky cropped grass with no overcrowding, and not as bad as it sounds.
In Harlech I visited an up market tearoom which even had a guy acting as Front of House. When I asked about the existence of the campsite I am on he went off and tephoned them and confirmed my stay for the night.
This is a small privately owned site with no hoodlums or shell suited, ear pierced tatooees which has been the norm on some of the sites so far. I am just waiting for the sun to go down a bit more before cooking.
I wrote a post last night and despite having s modest signal all day it has refused to go, so I suppose this one will go into the stack as well.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment