For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Saturday 7 May 2011

Welsh Boundary Walk - Llanfairfechan to allandrillo in Rhos (Penrhyn Bay)

Saturday 7th May - day 18
I set off in good weather taking the North Wales Path which runs inland over the hills to Conway. There is no reasonable route along the coast. The NWP was magnificent after the killer of a road climb out of the village: cropped turf paths, well waymarked, undulating terrain and superb views of the Menai Straits from on high.
As I arrived in Conway it started to rain with a vengeance. I sat in a cafe for some time but it persisted. There was a gruelling road ascent to the Great Orme, mainly because of its length.
At the cafe the guy told me about a camp site closer than my intended one. The weather had cleared by now and sunshine came through in the afternoon When I got to the recommended site it was statics only so I plodded on. It has been a ten hour day of mixed walking.
If anybody contemplates this walk I do recommend the NWP from Llanfair... To Conway.
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment