For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Sunday 15 May 2011

Welsh Boundary Walk - replies to comments

Gimmer- thanks for your info on the climber. I agree with you, there seems to be something that doesn't stack up. I intend to do some research when I get home.
I think you will see the answer to your border question in my last post. I don't think I can apply the same summary of motivations in that post to the scrubbing of lavatory floors.
Afoot- glad to hear you are keeping up with my jaunt.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I have looked up the name - Dickie Morsely does/did exist and was one of the founders of the North Wales Mountaineering Club - but I cannot find any reference to his being involved in the first ascent of the Suicide Wall on Idwal Slabs - in the late '40s - or on the one at Cratcliffe (gritstone) - but all that means is he didn't lead it - it had a long history before finally being climbed so it's entirely possible he was a toiler in that vineyard.

    If you want or need any more foot or boot repairs, let me know - you are getting closer (relatively speaking) to us now and a trip out could be fun!

    ReplyDelete