For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Welsh Boundary Walk - Whitesands Bay to Abercastle

Wednesday - 15th June - day 57

It is not often that I get down to Plan D. Plan A was to to stay in the Ship Inn at Trefin. B was to bed a breakfast at Trefin and eat in the pub if the pub did not do accommodation. C was to camp on the site at Trefin.

The pub did not do accommodation, but recommended three b and bs all of which were no good for various reasons, and when I saw the campsite I didn't fancy it, so Plan D evolved. There was another campsite a couple of kilometres up the road at Abercastle so I made for that. This turned out to be Trellyn Woodland Camping - trellyn.co.uk. This is a huge woodland site with yurts set up and also camping pitches. Tarpaulin type kitchens are also set up and full provision for wood fires including supplies of wood. Kevin Bird has Canadian background and set about bringing a backwoods camping experience to this site. I must say it is a wonderful set up. I am now installed in my own yurt and have a huge wood fire outside keeping me warm. What a find, and what a last night.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment