I have a similar cool wall. I am sure many items are offended by not being included, but the ones that make it do so purely by a periodic, enigmatic whim. Here are some of my "coolies":
- A photo of my most picturesque wild camp on the sandy remote shore of Loch More on my LEJOG walk.
- A very poor photo of my old springer spaniel Barney stood in Beacon Tarn looking forlorn taken by "gimmer".
- A picture of cloudberries, scanned from a book. I found cloudberries on a walk in the Yorkshire Dales - they are rare in our region, and I inexplicably failed to take my own photo on the spot - a regret that niggles whenever I think about regrets.
- A photo of our Merlin Rocket dinghy (Impala) being sailed by my brother Nick - we raced this on Hollingworth Lake in the Sixties.
- A cartoon of Toad pondering over a map (my family nickname was "mapman". I also had a reputation for "poop poop" moments).
- My own photo of Meall Bhuidhe bothy where I passed an atmospheric night alone on my LEJOG walk. I reckon it is nine miles in any direction to a proper road.
- A Frenchman, Sylvain, posing at the foot of an alpine peak. I met him in a refuge ten years ago and we have corresponded ever since.
- A birthday card from a painting by Jonathan Trotman showing three figures huddled on a mountain peak. Trotman was commissioned for a special painting in the Joss Naylor biography, and I have a limited edition print.
- A dreadful hand done panorama photo of Arnside prior to my discovery that this could be done effortlessly, and seamlessly in Photoshop.
"Adventure only happens to adventurers" ... unknown
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers won't drown" ... Arthur Ransome
"The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait until that other is ready, and it may be some time before they get off" ... Henry David Thoreau
"If you need a machine and don't buy it, you will ultimately find you have paid for it, but don't have it" ... Henry Ford
|Despite my boasts about Photoshop, my attempt to panorama these three pics was a failure|