For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Smart World Services Exeter - problem solvers

The caravan repair resulted in fitting a new mains charger in the van - £189. Whilst the cost was hard to bear I must compliment Simon Hodgson - Smart World Services in Exeter who agreed on the phone to see me first thing next morning. A friendly welcome and efficient service had me on my way by 11:30. Simon also told me about Stormfront situated nearby who are Apple agents, so I shot off there to burden them with the slow iPad problem. The guy removed the SIM card, cleaned it up and blew the dust out of its little cubby hole and all now seems to be working much better.

Yesterday I could not make the post including the pics with Blogpress. After much messing about I managed to do it by email, but it didn't go until this morning.

Just to see if Blogpress will post pics now here is one I omitted from the Brown Willy trip. This is a monument situated just downstream from the car park to Charlotte Dymmond who was murdered by Matthew Weekes in 1844. If you are interested there is more detail if you Google Matthew Weekes.





---------------------------------------

I have now arrived at my new site in the archetypal English country village of Lower Odcombe near Yeovil.









My caravan can be seen at on the pub site at the bottom of the drive.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

  1. Your Marilyn trip is proving eventful and a little expensive!
    Makes a good read from this end. Hope all the technical problems are fixed now and you can relax and enjoy the walking.
    I remember ascending High Willhays and Yes Tor 30 years ago when completing George Bridge's 2000ft mountains of England and Wales. Tick -Tick.
    I assume I steered clear of Brown Willy!!!!
    Enjoy the rest of your trip.
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. BC - I knew somebody would say something about that preposterous name. I have been embarrassed to utter it when talking to people about my mission.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Conrad - I didn't realise you'd bought the upmarket iPad mini with cellular capability. Mine is WiFi only but I'm working on Lynne to buy the new version when it appears later this year!

    Good to hear the caravan is fixed and you can now proceed, trouble-free, onwards and upwards to summit after summit.

    I now await an MRI on my knee following an X-Ray and lengthy consultation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete