For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Monday 10 June 2013

Monday - from the train.

I'm on the way home. Had enough for various reasons, but all ok in general. Will post more detail from home and update replies to various comments.

Sent from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Fair enough - it wasn't the most scenic of routes!
    Enjoy Arnside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto - but sorry to hear it
    I guess the Suffolk bit was OK but always had me doots about the Essex littoral and Thames estuary sections: maybe you should start in Canterbury and go west - a sort of tales of Yrubretnac rather than Dickensian miasmas.
    But at least you have given the knee a decent work-out and know better how it will perform on more demanding terrain - not that level walking does not have its own challenges - lack of variation of rhythm and uphill/downhill reliefs perhaps. Imagine 20 miles across London compared with miles of mountain tracks - one would be crippled and stiff for days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that urban vistas (inter alia, I suppose) got you down. I took heart earlier when you said you were - it seemed - junking the schedule and merely wandering. But then I'm a slave to routine myself and perhaps that indicated what has now come about. Starting a new novel down here in the Languedoc isn't quite as adventurous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phreerunner and Gimmer - Thanks for your comment. More rationale behind the decision is now in my latest post.

    RR- How are you communicating from France? Don't tell me you have borrowed somebody's iPhone?

    I would be interested to hear some broad outline about the new opus (email perhaps).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only gullible people use (or more particularly: pay for) Iphones. See my comment to Natalie, June 12, Tone Deaf for explanation of technology.

    Novel. See Tone Deaf posts, June 10, May 6 - the latter you commented on, but misguidedly.

    ReplyDelete