For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Sunday 9 June 2013

Ramsay nr. Harwich to Clacton-on-Sea

All road walking today. Alternately dull and dangerous.

I had identified a site am hour's walk the other side of Clacton. The tourist info office was closed in C , they always are when you need them. On the OS map sites are identified with a caravan and or a tent symbol. This one had both. The trouble is the map ies years old and things change. I asked three different people in C and was assured by all the site still existed and took tents. On arrival they proved not to take tents, and it was 4:00pm and I had nowhere else to go. In the cafe at the site which was just closing there were two guys (employees) having a meal before going home. They all made various suggestions and I was playing the weary traveller. One of these guys went off to the owners house and pleased my case and I have been allowed to camp. A bi weary after a long day to give mores details.

4 comments:

  1. I wish you a quiet evening, so that you may rest - a much deserved rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chin up Conrad. You are definitely on the wrong side of the country. For now. It'll get better. Especially when you get to Poole and decide to continue on the lovely paths westward from there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes l;iterals can be creative: as in "pleased my case"

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Crow - it was not a quiet evening. Loud music from nearby caravan, and earlier someone came and unzipped my tent door to have look in. I think he nearly died of fright when I shouted.

    Phrerunner - hi Martin. You are right. I reckon noWt to Essex. Those paths you mention may get a visit sometime, but I think I will be sticking to The North for a while.

    RR - I'm delighted to have created something original, albeit by mistake. I had noticed, but you wouldn't believe how tiresome it can be with a poor signal getting into Dashboard etc.

    ReplyDelete