For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Sunday 10 July 2016

SW. Coast Path - Lizard to Coverack

Sunday 10th July

After a short distance, but hardish day I am now sat in the conservatory restaurant of the Paris Hotel at Coverack with a wonderful seascape on three sides.

Views today have been stunning with sunshine now and no sea fret, and at times it has been energy sapping hot with the path repeatedly more up and down than before. The path has also been narrow and trough like with a mini boulder interruption every fifty yards or so making for slow progress, but I dawdled anyway in view of the short distance. I stopped off at two cafés for tea. THERE IS JUST NO OTHER DRINK BETTER TO ASSUAGE THIRST AND DEHYDRATION.

I met a guy yesterday, Steve Mc Allister who is cycling round the whole of Britain, will post a link later to his blog.

I will report later on tonight's menu.

-------------------
Starter - whitebait perfectly done - all crispy not soggy, and just enough thoughtful salad to accompany rather than over-face.

Main - whole plaice, salad, new potatoes - a long wait but worth it.

Did I have a pudding. I daren't say.

-------------

People watching. This pub restaurant is almost full, perhaps twenty tables, and it is now 8:15 pm. Several people are still wearing sunglasses propped up onto hair above forehead. I wonder what they think other people think when they see this?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. The number of times I've merrily sat indoors somewhere for a number of hours before realising that I still have my sunglasses on top of my head. Fortunately, in my case, not in any way an attempt at a fashion statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They probably couldn't care less.

    ReplyDelete