For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Saturday 7 January 2017

Watch your step

Just received this email from Bowland Climber with the caption,

"No comment"


my reply here:



11 comments:

  1. Ah, so it was intentional! And you dressed up for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Conrad but I''d rather not see you featured in one of those rockfall signs, so take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People express their concern in different ways; I'm sure the intentions were good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But what is the way to Hell paved with?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not sure about Dave's remark - is he referring to Bowland Climber's motives for sending me the photo, suggesting that my response was flippant? As far as I'm concerned BC's intentions were purely humorous, I know him well, and my response was just a humorous bit of Photoshop showing off. As for RR - all I can say is that I have no worries in that area because I don't believe in Hell. I do have a conscience which gets pricked from time to time for not carrying out the good intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took it to be a bit of fun Conrad, so I too am unsure about Dave's comment which I think was in response to my comment re rockfall signs rather than to Bowland Climber or your good self.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bro. Hugh: But Hell may believe in you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. RR - that is a risk I am prepared to take.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A "blogger's gift" as you so often say.
    I'll try and send you some more on a plate.

    ReplyDelete