For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Monday 24 April 2017

Darlington Hospital - update

Monday -24 April

No news, bored, frustrated.

No further communication.

Have asked for information this morning from the Ward Coordinator.

Wating, waiting, waiting.

-----------------------------------

Now had visit from registrar, 10:30 am. I am booked for operation Thursday morning. At least I know. I wonder when somebody would have told me if I hadn't asked?

11 comments:

  1. You've had a long wait Conrad but it shouldn't be too long before you're home and plotting the resumption of your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chin up mate and keep the elbows off the table. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afoot - I hope you are correct. I also hope you are now fully recovered from your ow sojourn.

    ------------------------

    Alan R - I don't know about chin up. Perhaps that contributed to my trip, with chin down I might have seen the wire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. About that wire. At the weekend whilst out climbing a new fence had been constructed in the field next to the path and of course they had just discarded the old materials, I tripped over some barbed wire on the ground. When I recollect this littering of old wires and posts is quite common throughout the countryside. I would be fined for leaving wire coils on the pavement outside my house - what of the landowners in question? Is it time for either more ecological awareness of farmers or some legislation, unlikely as the land owning classes wouldn't vote for anything as sensible as that.
    Get yourself better and then think about questioning the environmental policies of the estate your were on at the time.
    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BC - hi John. Unfortunately I think the land I was on was part of the farmer' s who got me down to the village in his quod bike so it would be a bit churlish to direct action there specifically. Alternatively I may suggest some sort of campaign via he BMC or whatever. It is certainly a subject that could fo with more caring. Letters t outdoor mags?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sir Hugh. I escaped last Wednesday and am feeling very much better and a lot stronger though I've not ventured onto the hills. Maybe after my birthday tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay. Finally you have a date for the op.
    But poor communication by the medical staff.
    It's a few years since I actually worked for the NHS, but I still feel a sense of personal shame about our organisational failings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least matters are progressing. I'm looking forward to catching up with you when you come marching through Timperley.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Conrad.
    I was not implying any action against the farmer, I don't do compensation litigation, more of a general action to rid our hills of old fence wire. Yes maybe letters to the BMC or what about the NFU!
    Enough of that till later - hope all has gone well with your op.
    John.

    ReplyDelete