For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Sunday 8 July 2018

Andy Goldsworthy installations

Kendal Grufries are friends I recently met on a walk in Kentmere and they have commented on a post I made several weeks ago and I thought this may be of interest to others, so I am bringing it up to date here;

kendal grufties has left a new comment on the post "Lord's Lot or Winster Valley - 3": 

Ok, this is a bit tardy, but it's a while since we cycled that way...
We sometimes take the road between Underbarrow and Crook, which passes east of Lord's Lot. I've often been tempted by a permissive path on the LHS which starts opposite Mountjoy Farm just at the north end of the woods, but it isn't marked on our map. It leads to "tree stone folds", and I've only just discovered that this is an Andy Goldsworthy installation, a great description of which can be found at www.sheepfoldscumbria.co.uk (page entitled "growing trees from stone").
I don't know the route the path takes, or whether it coincided with your walking route, but next time we get a chance, I intend to park the bikes there and try to follow the path (knee permitting, and I'll send you an update on that by email sometime soon, so as not to bore your other readers!).


Oh dear! I have looked at the Andy Goldsworthy site and it's another list! There are 45 rebuilt sheepfolds scattered all over, complete with OS grid references. I'll leave you now, I've got some plotting to do!

By the way, Kendal Grufties, I have replied to your original comment re-directing you here. Please continue to comment on the blog as much as possible, and use email only if the content is not relevant to the blog. Comments are diminishing these days, and they are the food that keep bloggers nourished and motivated to continue.

3 comments:

  1. kendal grufties8 July 2018 at 17:46

    Oops, what have we started ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a walk up Clougha Pike to see some of his better work.
    https://wordpress.com/post/bowlandclimber.com/3195

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendal grufties - I may not have been serious, but we'll see.
    _________________

    BC - Been there. Done that. Saw nothing. You commented.

    http://conradwalks.blogspot.com/search?q=Clougha+Pike

    Conditions were hardly in favour of seeing anything much.

    ReplyDelete