For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Wednesday 28 August 2019

Trig points OS Sheet 91

Monday 26th August 2019
Harter Fell              NY 928 327 - 481m.
Romaldkirk Moor  NY 956 217 - 410m.

I had just got as far as the headings above when I had a quick look at BBC News to see the appalling report of Johnson shutting down Parliament. As I write I feel literally physically sick, my stomach is churning. I can't believe that this is the will of the people whether they want to leave or remain - are we prepared to finish with democracy and accept direction from an unelected prime minister who is acting in many respects as a dictator? It is difficult to comprehend that this is happening in our country.

Shades of the 1930s in another country.

I just have no motivation to continue with this post at the moment. What else can one do? I have written to our MP.

I have just found there is a petition to sign:

   Click here.  269157

1 comment:

  1. Tried to comment earlier, but don't think it stuck, so apologies if this is repetition. Thank you for the link to the petition, I wholeheartedly agree with your comments in both your posts today. So this is how we regain the sovereignty of parliament? Shameful.

    ReplyDelete