For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Thursday 4 February 2021

Lockdown blues

Painting the outrigger of my RN Sea Harrier

(Five different colours in half an inch.)

The sea. Memories sparked. Sublime Welsh Coast,

But Lockdown Surge Testing intercepts

With that suggestion of the surging sea.


Stop the rot!


Tiny unwanted crevice between minute parts,

Decision: I’ll leave it hoping for fill with paint.

Later, delay has failed. Crevice expanded.

Difficult Surge Filler now applies.


Face the truth! Aeroplane modelling:

A delusional therapy.

The Harrier, proud and bellicose

Combats only my longing for escape.


My dreams: Earth's cracks and crevices,

The Pembrokeshire coast, the colours in Cornwall

That painters praise, and that roar of the sea, Not the C,

Outclassing the unwanted Harrier roar above.



Work in progress

Just a bit of Welsh coast




2 comments:

  1. Lovely expressive poem. Sending you a virtual (((hug))).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth - thanks for that. Long time no hug.

    ReplyDelete