For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Monday 28 May 2012

Word verification etc.


I have reinstated Word Verification. I did not receive an avalanche of spam, but I did receive some which was a jumble of nonsensical prose in English and other languages, and strange URLs which I was not happy about. These “Comments” were received by Blogger and consigned to a folder  in Settings/Comments/Spam which I was not previously aware of, so they did not appear on the blog. I have deleted these “anonymous” comments from that folder.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Knee reinstatement continues slowly with noticeable improvements. Today I walked up the road to the start of the footpath for Arnside Knott, and then back - just over a kilometre, and in the pleasant sunshine it was great to be undertaking what I might almost define as a walk. After all, this was more than I was comfortable doing before the op.

I  bought an exercise bike on Ebay (a trip to Penrith yesterday to collect - Jill driving), and I'm doing five minutes on this before each of my four daily exercise sessions. I anticipate building up that time as I feel it is appropriate.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

A new tension has entered my life with the cricket test matches. I do not have Sky Sports1 so can only watch the highlights on Channel 5 at 7:00pm, so I have to avoid seeing any reports of the games progress throughout the day, not I hasten to add whilst watching daytime tv. I do like to watch the BBC news at 6:00 and I have to be ready to cut when the cricket report comes up - all very stressful.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Katie update

At seven months, although she can't actually walk she can stand herself up against support, and she can climb the stairs - she is very active.


No comments:

Post a Comment