For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Thursday 27 June 2013

Frodsham to Delamere

The walking is now more up and down and more tiresome for the knee. A steep pull up onto the top from Frodsham reveals stunning panoramic views of the Dee estuary and all the chemical industry of Widnes and Runcorn.

The walking from there is varied through shaded woodland and fields all on good paths. There was a farm B and B just at the right distance ( tea and scone).

JJ, fellow blogger who walked with me last Sunday knew I was heading for Delamere where there was no provision for an evening meal. He plays squeeze box and sings on a music train that runs through Delamere I joined them at 7.20, destination The Golden Pheasant at Plumley. Music prevailed throughout on the train there and back and at the pub where I had a good meal, and I was back at camp about 10:30. A brilliant evening. Thanks a lot JJ

2 comments:

  1. what a good thing. That would make a nice change. JJ singing might bring on some dire weather though. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, it's going to rain in a short while!
    Glad you enjoyed the evening Conrad, we certainly enjoyed your company. You and your walk were the talk of the train!
    JJ

    ReplyDelete