For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Photos recovered

I visited my computer man this morning and after an hour's fiddling between his pc, his laptop, and my iPad we have managed to restore the photos to my blog. The photos were contained in a file on Google+ . Why they were wiped out in the first place I will never know.

I can't explain how all this was achieved because we went through so many trial and error exercises, but the essence of the problem was related to flagging photos or albums as private or public. That may sound elementary but nothing about Google+ is user friendly, and the fact that it took my computer man an hour to sort bears that out.

I just want to be sure that I can still insert pictures from my Mac in the same way I did before all this Picasa/Google+ nonsense, so here goes.

I hope to be off with this again within the next few days, albeit with a lighter load physically and mentally. Watch this space.

Thanks to all who have sympathised and made suggestions through this unpleasant problem.

8 comments:

  1. Excellent news Conrad. Enjoy your next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo the above comments - I've been looking at SmugMug and Flickr - trying to decide how to go forward.

    Please to see that you're considering heading off out again!

    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am relieved your efforts are not wasted -

    "
    his brain allows one half-formed thought to pass:
    “Well now that’s done: and I’m glad it’s over.”
    "
    so I'm sure you are glad your new journey will be unburdened by regret for some fateful error -
    which an age of prudence cannot retract!

    whatever it is or was, it is still 'amazing' that it happens at all, so easily, and to so many, not just a few!

    You deserve a good journey and happy wanderings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only echo what the others have written, especially gimmer's last line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pleased to hear that the photos have been recovered. I can stop holding my breath on your behalf now!

    Look forward to hearing where the next trip is to be and hope that it turns out to be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Success is never a failure.
    Looking forward to details of upcoming trip

    ReplyDelete