I can't explain how all this was achieved because we went through so many trial and error exercises, but the essence of the problem was related to flagging photos or albums as private or public. That may sound elementary but nothing about Google+ is user friendly, and the fact that it took my computer man an hour to sort bears that out.
I just want to be sure that I can still insert pictures from my Mac in the same way I did before all this Picasa/Google+ nonsense, so here goes.
|I hope to be off with this again within the next few days, albeit with a lighter load physically and mentally. Watch this space.|
Thanks to all who have sympathised and made suggestions through this unpleasant problem.