For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Tuesday 25 June 2013

The Travellers' Rest, Frodsham

7 comments:

  1. so, it's back to the epicurean trail again, after that silver service slap-up greasy spoon type breakfast, I gather.
    Seems to be getting better and better, and now, with the improving weather, turning into a really fine expedition, despite the elephant grass.
    Green gill time: myself, off to some stone breaking, on the morrow.
    B is looking forward to your acquiring a nice long boat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said to RR you just have to take whatever comes along.

    Watch out for more surprises tomorrow. The plan is already written.

    By the way long boats are what Vikings use to cremate their dead. Canalists have narrow boats

    ReplyDelete
  3. she knows that, but, besides bringing them here in the first place, their lineal engineering descendants glide silkily through the myriad green channels of fabled oriental waterways - as two of your 'heroes' knew well (not Sir E of course - an entirely different sort of boat trip, I gather!). That's the sort of trip 'in mind'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is that lovely soufflé-looking dish on the plate, front and center?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gimmer- not sore what you mean a out the heroes.

    The Crow - hi Marth. It is a baked fish pie crammed with white fish and prawns in a fabulous sauce and tipped with creamed mashed potato Nd Cheddar cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All - one I have typed some comment I cannot go va k and correct typos, so you may need to use a bit of guesswork

    ReplyDelete
  7. re your last comment - we all presume this sudden outbreak of typos is due to too much sauce with the mash

    ReplyDelete