For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Sunday 4 August 2013

Jungle

I wanted to put this pic on the last post, and have now made use of the hotel's free WI-fi which has made things a bit easier.

It is worth clicking to enlarge to see a typical example of some of the stuff I have had to battle through.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. That must be a touch on the damp side for walking through, given the number of showers this last week. Hope there aren't too many nettles in amongst it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gayle - there have been plenty of nettles, even at face height.

    There would be a limit to how much of that I was prepared to take, but so far the good of the whole has not been outweighed by the evil of the jungle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. obviously, a path well travelled

    i suggest you swap at least one of your poles for one of those devices used to decapitate the Lord Mayor of London during the Peasants Revolt - I forget the name - a sort of long thin billhook.

    useful around Hutton Roof as well, I recall

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gimmer - I think you should have taken a history degree not chemistry. See the next post for more jungle story.

    ReplyDelete