For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Wednesday 20 May 2009

Post no. 2















Well it hasn't taken long to diverge from the great outdoors theme.

I am awaiting the verdict of the hospital on 1st June with regards to my knee. Inactivity leads me to invent things to do and I have started on a decking project. There is a strange sort of sunken well at the bottom of my garden which has irritated me for the ten years I have lived here. I suppose it is a sort of patio area but have never been quite sure. Anyway I have decided to deck it over. The intention is to put up a trellis along the green fence for mimosa and or honeysuckle, so first I have excavated to make a trough to receive these plants. As one can see in the photo I have now hit solid concrete and I suspect this is something to do with my sewage pipes, so I do not intend to break through. I am satisfied that there will be enough depth of soil.
Further reports to follow when the rain stops.

3 comments:

  1. Looking good! I suspect you may be further delayed by rain as it is throwing it down here at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this point I can imagine Mr T switching off your blog, vowing never to return. Having your spade stopped by a subterranean obstacle is the God of the Gardens' way of telling you to back off. In any case, isn't decking so yesterday? Why not a fiftieth scale model of the Eiger with the Hinterstoisser Traverse and other tragic way-stations marked in red? Or a climbing wall? Or a tiny non-denominational church?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barrett Bonden.

    Not too worried about Mr T's opinions. Plenty of decking at Chelsea this year.
    An indoor rock climbing feature is already in the planning stage; I have got a set of very small rock climbing figures to use.

    ReplyDelete