For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Sunday 15 December 2013

Photoshop paintings


I promised Mike M to put some of my finished Photoshop paintings on display.

Click for the slideshow, then click on the first picture to view all full size.

CLICK HERE FOR SLIDESHOW

5 comments:

  1. a bigger splash - more than I knew of !

    only one substantive comment - they all have what I might describe as a colour-washed look - as water colours or pastels can have:
    is this a function of the system (ie technical artefact) or an aesthetic decision?
    on another topic - your previous post - I am a paid-up devotee of commas, brackets, hyphens and many other stylistic and syntactical traits which are anathema to some purists: I find they are often the best way of representing the immediacy of the spoken word without too much time being spent in delicate composition in achieving this objective . . .
    I did pass O-level English Language, by the way, in case you were wondering!
    But txtese grates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice CR. I particularly like the bridge and the barn.It must be painstaking work....the skies are wonderful!...gimmer...with a hard g or soft (as in j?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. g as in grag (not as in sheep!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gimmer - It is possible to enhance richness with Photoshop, but I have gone as far as I want to because other aspects start to suffer as you increase that function. With all these pics I get them printed out to approx 30cm x 25cm on good quality artists paper and they look better than they do on the screen.

    There seems to be some misunderstanding about my punctuation comment. I am not only in favour of ALL punctuation marks, writing would be impossible without them, but used incorrectly they can be as damaging as they are rewarding when used properly.

    Read: The elements of Style - Strunk and White and The Penguin Guide to Punctuation.
    ---------------------

    Mike M - Gimmer's response should read "crag", not "grag". Gimmer can be a dialect term for a Lake District sheep, but Gimmer's allusion is to the most iconic rock climbing venue in The Lake District: Gimmer Crag. We were both keen rock climbers in our day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for that much needed clarification CR!

    ReplyDelete