For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Friday 17 January 2014

Removing a follower

Housekeeping.

I have now reinstalled my followers and successfully removed the undesirable one.

If you open Blogger Dashboard and look below the title of your blog you will see information saying how many posts and page views there have been and the number of followers on the blog.

Click on the number of followers and you will see them all.

Click on the one you want to banish and select "block".

It has taken me much time and searching to achieve what seems to be a very simple operation, but as always  help menus never seem to contain a solution and the best way is to Google the problem and hear what others have to say; thanks to all those geeks out there.

Thanks also to Gibson (Afoot in the Hills) for encouraging me to persist.

4 comments:

  1. did this banished 'follower' actually make comments which you deleted almost immediately or make his or her views known to you privately ? in which case why did he/she bother to become a 'follower'?
    seems most curious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel very guilty Conrad.

    When you found an undesirable Follower I checked mine, found several that were little more than adverts for gear, holidays etc and managed to find out how to block them.

    Later I returned to your blog intending to suggest that you add the Follower gadget from the Layout page (is that what you did?)in the hope that your Followers reappeared. However I then saw that you had added the 'Follow by Email' box and assumed you had decided to avoid the risk of unwanted Followers by not reinstating the gadget. I now wonder whether the Follow by Email box has always been on your blog but gone unnoticed by me. Anyway, I immediately subscribed.

    So,I could have saved you a lot of trouble and research but didn't - hence the pangs of guilt!

    I have now added the Follow by Email box to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gibson - During my attempt to reinstate I came across the "follow by e-mail" gadget and installed it. I think it was next day when I finally resolved the whole problem and reinstated the followers minus the undesirable. Thanks for your help and interest.

    ReplyDelete