For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Wednesday 15 December 2021

Army Land Rover and Katie's cat

Weather and other happenings have conspired against walking recently but modelling progresses steadily. Here are some illustrations for the Army Land Rover I am making..

Instructions for basic chassis assembly

Now assembled - colour original plastic of kit

More chassis detail assembly and engine installation

Now primed and painted. Quite a lot of intricate work here

Engine assembly


****************************************************

I keep my eyes and my ears on the alert for endless thoughtless and sometimes meaningless use of our English language. For a long time now I have been aware of almost everybody "going forward", but yesterday I was taken aback by someone "coming forward."

***************************************************

KATIE UPDATE


Katie's cat

I'm not sure about the odd eye. However it reminded me of a powerful but sad short story by Damon Runyon which I think was called Johnny One Eye and I believe later made into a film noir.

***************************************************


5 comments:

  1. That cat shows a lovely light touch, well done Katie. Is it their cat?
    No doubt, you need a light touch for all those models.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VBC - not their cat. I was impressed by the detail of the little black spots the whiskers emerge from which I have noted myself in real life. The whiskers also seem to have a vibrant lifelike quality, not just a series of straight lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the typo "VBC" - perhaps, under present circumstances Virtual Bowland Climber?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I know that cat: she draws out the essence of her subjects with but few subtle and sensitive lines : awe is appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gimmer - Perhaps I am biased but I see a sort of confidence in boldly committing sketch lines to second place with that effective stronger outline. There is more but at the risk of accusation of nepotism I will leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete