For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Monday 5 February 2024

2CV Citroën finished.

 Monday 5th February 2024

The Citroen 2CV is finished.  The bonnet (hood)  I haven't been able to make fit properly and rectifying that I guess could cause irreversible damage, but the rest of it I am quite pleased with, especially the engine detail.

A new kit is on the way, so watch this space.

Still work in progress here



The last three. Nbote ill fitting bonnet on 2CV.



If you copy and paste the link below you will see a short video, only just over 3 mins. but if you slide on to about 2mins. 20sec. you will see a short but jolly little film featuring the 2CV, only about a minute long.

https://youtu.be/iRDQaC__7t4?si=cM38O2siDtjQaXTx





9 comments:

  1. Happy memories, I used to drive mine like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the 2CV's I've ridden in seemed to have badly fitting bonnets (as well as much of the rest of the bodywork) so maybe it's deliberate !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic. So much detail. I can almost see the Champion spark plugs. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gimmer - I didn't know you were a serial 2CV passenger.
    -------------------------------------------
    Alan R - It seems that Champion spark plugs, although American had an early connection with France - from Wikki:
    Albert Champion Company was founded by Albert Champion in June 1905 in Boston's South End, in the landmark Cyclorama Building, to import French electrical parts, including Nieuport components.

    Anyway, I am sure I included them but unfortunately they are covered up by other components of the engine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a friend who is a serial 2CV owner thus your award is reasonably appropriate - always a mixture of fun and fear - how a car can tilt so much and still remain on the road is a quandry. Another is how does string relate to motor mechanics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gimmer - Ah!
      I'm puzzled about your string query, must have missed something somewhere?

      Delete
  6. If Gimmer's on about string theory I predict you will remain puzzled. In the US, Car and Driver was among my favourite reading matter - literate yet quirky. Under one editor the team decided to supercharge a Deux Chevaux, a hilarious project made all the funnier by the tongue-in-cheek style maintained in the concluding article. Finally, all was ready and a test drive was planned. Almost as if it was part of the script the car started to wheeze on the slip-road to the expressway then abruptly burst into flames, leading to its complete destruction. Happily the occupants included a professional photographer and the conflagration was covered from first to last. The editor managed a gloriously elegiac piece as its epitaph. Journalism is often rather more than covering the Eldwick flower show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. RR - "Scoop" comes to mind - it would be in a list of top ten "most enjoyable" books I've read. It's interesting that the editor who may not have been present at the conflagration probably got more out of it than the other participants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. me neither - a missing thought somewhere there - maybe 'twas was a question on the Schengen visa application form: if you cannot answer this correctly you will be refused entry because you have no 'elan' or 'esprit', or are Sartre in disguise and thus beyond satire, like this form; if you can, you will be refused entry as being a member of either GCHQ/MI6, FSB/SVR or Mensa, and thus a threat to La Langue Française..

    ReplyDelete