For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Thursday 14 March 2024

"Extreme*" - (the new buzz-word) photography manipulation by an expert

 Thursday 14th March 2024

I am not keen on circulating supposedly humorous views and clips from Internet sources on my blog or by email. As for any other social media platform I just don’t participate, they have far too much to answer for, and on rare occasions when I have had a look they irritate me when I see an unexplained photograph with no backstory and a string of comments usually saying nothing much more than “good photo.”

Another problem is that for any re-posted item the degree of humour is relative to each recipient and what one finds hilarious may not be so much appreciated by others. 

Having said all that I make no apology whatsoever for posting this item from You Tube which almost instigated the need for the Heimlich Manoeuvre as I was scoffing my breakfast this morning.


*************************************************

*I reckon our dictionary compilers will now have to redefine "extreme" as meaning "anything?"



3 comments:

  1. Gave me a lump in my throat! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I'm acting as an apologist for Rishi Sunak and his (should we say Gove's) precious committee but "extreme" is a comparative state, not an absolute. To be extreme one has to be extreme relative to a fixed point. And my fixed point may differ from your fixed point. In fact poor, confused Rishi could well reflect on this given the number of Tory MPs either leaving the HoC altogether (66 and counting; extremism extended to infinity you might say) or rushing to join Reform UK for which an armband bearing a strangely familiar symbol may soon be issued.

    ReplyDelete