For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Thursday 27 May 2010

Day 3

Wild camping last night with thunderstorms and gale force winds lasting three hours or so, but the Terra Nova kept me dry.

Set off this morning with no breakfast about 9.00. Walked to small village. No shop. Some French people introduced me to Canadian and his English wife who are resident three years there. Whilst talking there was a loud siren noise and I was told it was the travelling baker so I was able to stock up, what luck, I was taken to the couple's house and given tea, then a pork chop left from last night's barbecue done over old vine wood not charcoal.

Walked on with big climb onto plateau at about 2500ft then glorious ridge walking and down to this village where I am the only resident in the gite d'etape looking forward to the chop with instant potato and cup a soup.

News from daughter Jill at home is that Jake the dog has had stroke but is apparently recovering-I hope all is going well.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment