For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Friday 8 July 2016

S.W.Coast Path - Penzance to Porthleven

Friday 8th July 2016

Forgot to mention the yummy almond and raspberry tart last night.

Twelve miles today of pleasant walking to start with, then progressively more ups and downs. Being largely alongside the sea with the magnificent Cornish scenery is what I came for, but I have to say I was moving very slowly up the last few hills.

I'm booked into an Air B and B - see the website. The owner is away and has left the key with her neighbour and I have the full run of the house and a fully prepared breakfast in the fridge. The only trouble with Air is that you have to go through the website control and wait for confirmation of your booking which is no good for the spontaneous requirements of a day to day backpacker - I had booked this one from home.

I have now eaten well inThe Harbour Inn having chosen a veggie option: Cornish Homity Pie with accompanying vegetables cooked with care.

I've booked ahead for tomorrow into a B and B at Lizard Point - 14 miles. It's all easier these days with so many places having wifi as well as BT hotspots.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment