For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Wednesday 6 July 2016

South West Coast Path 1

Wednesday 6th July 2016

Departed Arnside 7:51 am

Arrived Penzance 17:12 pm

Original rail ticket enquiry several weeks ago quoted £135. Subsequent browsing found Split Ticket website - cost £35.

I had booked in to Bay Lodge b and b where I stayed in 2008 for the start of my Land's End John 'o Groats walk. When I rang they remembered me because of the early breakfast to catch the morning bus to Land's End. I will be doing the same tomorrow morning and walking the sixteen miles back here for a second night. I'm off to the pub for food now. Will post later and update if anything of interest occurs.

---------------------

At 7:00 pm there was initial doubt of having a table at the Longboat Inn, but they squeezed me in - the shape of things to come?

Sticky table, greasy chips, soggy batter on fish, frozen peas, small portions, limited menu.

I had a walk round Penzance to find something better for tomorrow. Everything was closed and I couldn't find one other eating place except for an Indian where, although open, all was dark and it

 seemed devoid of customers. On the way back to Bay Lodge at last I found the Bay, a posh restaurant up a steep hill and booked a table for tomorrow.

Bay Lodge B and B is excellent. Well recommended. They have just given me a fabulous early breakfast tray for the morning.


Bay Lodge B and B. Recommended
Coast path and St Michael's Mount
-
Penzance
Photos would not go. Will try later.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I wondered where you'd got to! Turns out I had the dates wrong; I thought you were setting out on the 4th.

    I'll look forward to following you for the next few days, until we go off to France and I have to start being conservative in terms of both battery and data usage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent choice of path Conrad - albeit a tough 'un! I'm rather confined to barracks at the moment, following your adventures will make a fine tonic :-)

    ReplyDelete