For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Tuesday 2 June 2009

Post number 6

Well the main part of the decking is now finished. Edges will eventually be finished but materials and design have not yet been decided upon; I am awaiting the return of High Horse at the weekend. We are also considering cladding the planter under the trellis, perhaps with slate.

I attended my hospital appointment yesterday for a knee review. My appointment was for 10:00 am and they were already running forty five minutes late, so I suspect those with appointments for 4:30 may still be waiting?

The doc. told me to leave it to settle down for another four weeks, but gave me little hope of them being able to make any further improvements. Apparently they do not consider it bad enough for a replacement joint. Having digested all this I am now considering a trip to Scotland before the end of June to see if I can nail some more of the remaining nine Munros before the knee protests too much again.

1 comment:

  1. Could be the setting for a son et lumière presentation of A Midsummer Night's Dream with a much reduced cast. Important tip: best actor gets to play Bottom.

    ReplyDelete