For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Wednesday 17 June 2009

Post number 9 (Onich)


Arrived Onich 2:45 pm yesterday. Stunning summer evening, but rain started in the night and has not stopped since. It is now 2:00 pm as I write. Brightening was forecast after midday so I motored the three quarters of an hour to Tyndrum to put myself in place to do Ben Oss and Beinn Dubhchraig weather permitting. I waited until midday which I reckon was about the latest I would have wanted to start on this round, although it hardly gets dark at all at this time of year up here.
The rain never stopped so I am now back at the caravan reading A Buyer’s Market (the second in the Anthony Powell twelve volume set called A Dance to the Music of Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment