For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Saturday 20 November 2021

Gloster Meteor final

Saturday 20th November 2021 

The Gloster Meteor is finished:

PLEASE CLICK TO ENLARGE



And below - ground crew servicing an engine




5 comments:

  1. It is sad but true.
    Thanks for the tea and cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Conrad, you can be proud of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my attempt at posting a comment has vanished into the ether, so....

    That's very impressive Conrad, to echo Martin's comment, you can be justly proud of that.

    The sight of a Gloster Meteor brings back uncomfortable memories of the Cuban Missile Crisis. I remember my mother, very worried about what the future might hold, trying to explain to me what was going in the world, when (I'm pretty certain) a Gloster Meteor flew by. It was my first sight of a military aircraft in 'real life' - such things weren't seen flying over Urmston. To a spotty little boy it was quite a sight. I pointed it out to Mum, it just added to her anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BC - Not sure what you refer to there?
    ------------
    Phreerunner - Thanks for a comment.

    -------------

    JJ - Sorry to bring back uncomfortable memories. I have an acquaintance here in Arnside who was a career RAF pilot. When he first qualified on the Meteor he told me he did a fly past over Arnside dipping his wings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I referred to the cake - wonderful.
    And I referred to the mountain man playing with plastic models. Of course, as you know, no offence was inferred.

    ReplyDelete