For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Thursday 9 February 2023

A short walk on the flat

 Thursday 9th February 2023

My first walk since before Christmas. The breathlessness has improved a little and walking on the flat is fine. Various medical administrations continue which are frustrating but too boring to itemise here.

I have posted, more often in the past,  about my regular Thursday walks with my friend Pete - we go back to the Sixties when a  group of us from Bradford climbed and revelled together. In the recent inclement weather, and in consideration of my own relative immobility we have just been going to Café Ambio since Christmas but today was fine and sunny with milder temperature. We walked up the converted railway path from Halton upstream from Lancaster on the river Lune and covered about a mile each way followed by a pleasant hour at Ambio (chocolate Guinness cake and tea. Ah!)

Click photos to enlarge

Blogger is having one of its moods insisting on the underlining of my captions. I have tried everything I know including un-formatting and I have better ways to spend the rest of my evening unravelling this.

Easy going and welcome sunshine

New build houses accross the Lune all with comprehensive solar panels


Here we turned back after walking under the bridge. We have walked this path many times but never noticed this sculpture before - must be new?


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Model making has become almost obsessive. Here is my latest just finished today, the Westland Sea King. I am glad to say that I have never had the need for a ride in one of these but I know some who have. This one is marked up as the one flown by William during his time with Air Sea Rescue.




6 comments:

  1. Bloody hell - did you see my car in the carpark? I cycled to Glasson and back (11.30 - 2,30) Lovely day. Good to hear you were out.
    No I've not noticed that instalment above the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BC - We were walking there from 12:30 to 1:30.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that short walks are feasible again and hopefully you can start to build slowly back up.

    The lighting you've used in your photos draws the eye nicely to the aircraft, to the exclusion of the background, making it look like the real thing, rather than a model. Looking more closely the dining chairs were a bit of a giveaway!

    Mick has been winched from the sea into a Sea King, but fortunately only during training, never in an emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gayle - Well at least there is some improvement. Whether or not it will improve further remains to be seen but I suspect it will be a gradual process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That helicopter is superb Conrad. It was good to be able to admire your models at first hand last Friday, and thank you for the tea and cake.
    M

    ReplyDelete