For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Friday 27 January 2023

Nil walking - De Havilland Beaver model final

 Friday 27th January 2023

Breathlessness continues with some slight improvement but not enough to allow extended walking outside.  I had a follow up visit to the hospital since my sojourn there with three monthly follow ups scheduled along with a heart scan in a few days time. That means I am now under the controlled discipline of ongoing hospital treatment rather than the more haphazard business of obtaining appointments and consulting with GPs who from this experience have been out of their depth.

My visit before Christmas was left with a promise from my GP to devise a plan dependant on the results of an X-ray she would receive after Christmas. She didn't get back to me and when I phoned I was told the X-ray was "clear" and my GP was on holiday and the next best appointment would be 25th January (this Wednesday gone). In the meantime the situation escalated and I ended up in hospital as documented in my last post.

I kept the appointment on Wednesday with my GP and expressed my feelings in no uncertain terms. She apologised for not getting back to me. She then explained that when the X-ray had come back "clear" in her absence it had been filed away for no action needed.

The point was that whatever that Xray showed was the key or signal for planning the next step. 

I was told that the business of filing "clear" X-rays for no further action needed would be brought up at their next periodic meeting to discuss such issues and that she would send me a copy of the relevant minutes as and when. I hope others don't suffer from that flawed practice in the meantime.

I'm assured that the anti-coagulant tablets I am taking should clear blood clots over a period of weeks and I now feel happier knowing that at least I am on a proper programme of treatment and monitoring with the hospital and I hope that I will see improvement over the coming weeks.

Meanwhile modelling continues. the De Havilland Beaver is finished, photos below.  I have created my own diorama (not included in the kit) with the plane moored up on a landing stage This aircraft was used extensively in Canada because of its its short take off and landing capability and versatility with options for normal undercarriage, floats or skis. It has been described as "The safest aircraft ever built."

I am now well on with the Westland Sea King helicopter in its yellow air-sea-rescue guise.

LOOKS BETTER IF YOU CLICK PHOTOS TO ENLARGE






9 comments:

  1. Good to see an update, and hope the breathing continues to go in the right direction - hopefully picking up speed.

    Mick has a few times in the last year (with different doctors surgeries) had the same issue that you have outlined. There seems to be a general presumption that a negative test = no more action, rather than negative test = there's a problem and we haven't found the answer, so we need to keep looking.

    You've gone beyond Mick's extensive aircraft knowledge with your latest model; this wasn't one with which he's familiar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry - don't know why my account wasn't recognised, making my comment anonymous, but I'm sure with the references to Mick, the author was obvious anyway.

      Delete
  2. Gayle - I don't think the Beaver would be suited to submarine spotting. Your comment made me wonder how many different aircraft Mick flew in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mick only flew on Nimrods, but his knowledge of military aircraft in general never ceases to amaze me.

      Delete
  3. A new word added to my somewhat limited vocabulary - diorama. Thanks. As you say not included in my kit.
    Here's too your health improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BC - I don't agree with your assessment of your vocabulary. I had to heck from your last post that "miscellanea" was a correct word and was pleased to find that it was so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Conrad. Keep taking the tablets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 'grouse' pictogram has appeared on your post. Simple but effective.

    ReplyDelete