For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Friday 14 April 2023

Lancaster Canal and Katie's sunflowers.

 Thursday 30th March 2023 - Borwick. Lancaster Canal

Thursday walks with Pete continue but not all recorded here. Two weeks back our reduced distance walk took us to the Lancaster canal north of Borwick on a cloudless but chilly day. 'Twas good to be out.

Neither Pete nor I claim to pay much attention to how we dress on these occasions, just the usual  walking clothes.

Back at Café Ambio, which is part of the prestigious purpose built livestock auction mart, we had just finished our chocolate Guinness cake. A couple from a neighbouring table were leaving and came to chat, 

" How many have you bought today then?" they asked.

Pete and I looked at each-other and realised that we must have been mistaken for livestock buying farmers. I was not sure whether to laugh or worry.



Tewitfield Methodist Church, Not much action there

Does Pete look like a farmer?


***********************************

KATIE UPDATE


Katie and Mum had a trip to London during half term. Amongst a crammed itinerary they visited some of the art galleries.

I think the two pencil sketches were done earlier - Katie has been mugging up on how to draw faces.

The next photo is Katie in action at one of the galleries, and then a copy of Van Gogh's Sunflowers done on the iPad at the gallery in situ in front of the painting.   CLICK PHOTOS TO ENLARGE








4 comments:

  1. I recognise bits of that canal.
    The next time you visit Café Ambio don't forget your crook for more authenticity.
    Kate is becoming quite professional - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BC - I don't think I dare wield the crook at Café A. It did come in useful recently when my son W twisted his ankle and was reduced to hobbling with its aid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Pete had been clad in green then maybe he would be considered a farmer. But blue, no.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A;an R. I agree. I think there would need to be some of that hairy orange string somewhere - that would nail it!

    ReplyDelete