For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Wednesday 17 January 2024

Perhaps pigs can fly?

 Thursday 17th January 2024

I had the second f/up appointment for my detached retina operation from 3rd. January today.

Mrs Linton, the consultant who did the op. was wholly satisfied and all has gone well.

I have had a diminishing black shadow on the eye working its way down from top to bottom permitting an increasing amount of vision. That is now reduced to a small strip at the bottom which Mrs. L is confident will disperse completely within a further week. To all intents and purposes I am now seeing as well as I could before.

Having had the details of the procedure described to me I am in awe at the skill employed and hugely thankful for the prompt attention I had for this serious problem. I was assured that left unattended blindness would have been certain.

BC commented above on the possibility of pigs flying - I am beginning to wonder.

All the staff at Chorley Eye Clinic were helpful, considerate, and full of good cheer in their newly purpose built environment where it was unexpectedly a pleasure to visit. Let's hope that many other areas of the NHS can be so modernised producing an atmosphere for increased morale and well being for staff, patients and overall effectiveness.

7 comments:

  1. Hi. Glad to see you’re holding up and still blogging. I alighted on your blog having Googled for blogs about the Macmillan Way. I am planning to hike and wild camp a five day stretch northwards from Bath next week. You’ve posted comments on my Litehiker blog a number of times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Litehiker. As you will be aware I have walked the Boston To Abbotsbury and the Boston to Barmouth Mac Ways but not the one that goes to Barnstaple. The ones I have done have been most enjoyable. I would dearly like to have ticked off the Barnstaple one. My advancing age at 84 and various domestic problems make that now seem unlikely. I went inland from Barnstaple on my LEJOG but heading further north of course. I wish you well on your planned trip - a bit brave so early in the year? I note you mentioned your blogonym when commenting as "Anonymous" and that is always helpful fro me in identifying such commenters. I hope you will blog post your trip. I will look out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being so tardy in commenting on this post, hopefully the shadow is now gone and sight fully restored. Does that mean you can drive again or do you have to await some sort of formal eye test?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gayle - I can now see the same as I could before. Driving has never been mentioned and as there is now no difference between before-and-after I have been driving again for the last few days,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news, Conrad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. . . . men make the city, not the walls . . . Thucydides

    glad to know of the steady improvement

    ReplyDelete
  7. BC - d'accord!
    ---------------------------------------------
    gimmer - You don't say if you subscribe to that quote. I agree with ""men make the city" if one includes all who make some contribution, and to be politically correct, nowadays I suppose it would be more appropriate to say "people" although we may excuse Thucydides on the grounds of what generally prevailed in his times. I see no no logic in bringing "the walls" into the discussion. I'm pretty sure the better the environment the better the productivity, and certainly the opposite in a poor environment unless you count slave labour.

    ReplyDelete