For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Thursday 17 October 2024

Wally of the Month, and Little Grey Fergie

 Thursday 17th October 2024

I am still doing modest Thursday walks with my old pal Pete . He is now 90. We walk half an hour each way on preferably level tarmac and then retire to Café Ambio close to  Jct. 36 on the M6. 

Today we walked along the original version of the A590 running parallel with the new dual carriageway. This is now a quiet lane with pleasant views of Whitbarrow high up to our left.

I parked up where there is several hundred yards of space available along with other parking possibilities in that vicinity.

When we returned to the car A.N. Other had parked right up to my front bumper. See the photo below. Mine is the white one.I had to reverse in order to set off.

WALLY OF THE MONTH AWARD.


-----------------------------------------

Here is the finished Ferguson tractor affectionately known as The Little Grey Fergie. I have set it up on a small diorama. I am well on now with The English Electric Lighting aircraft. Looks like all this is turning into a series of icons.

CLICK PHOTOS TO ENLARGE




2 comments:

  1. Perhaps whilst you were away there was a vast influx of cars parking to watch the vintage procession down the A590, hence your Wally only just managed to squeeze in.

    ReplyDelete