For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Photoshop Painting - Clachnaben - The Fife Coastal Path

Clachnaben (589m) is a modest, but interesting hill which I climbed on my visit to Banchory last October. The interest lies in the granite tor on its summit and my painting shows the bottom north-east slopes, with the curious elongated globular rocks.
 


This photo looks up to the face in the painting
                        *********************************************

Today I packed my rucksack for The Fife Coastal Path walk which I start next Tuesday. The weight, including food for one meal, is just under 20lbs (approx 9.25kg). I reckon I will never be far from shops and see no need to provide for more than one meal. My provisions consist of: eight packets of Cup-a-Soup (enough for the trip), one packet Smash (instant potato), one Mattesons Pork Sausage (vacuum packed), one small tin peach slices, about twenty tea bags, and a supply of instant coffee; I may add some powdered milk.

2 comments:

  1. How to lose 110 grams from your load. Empty the tin of peaches, put slices in plastic bag, toss tin into WPB, forget to take the bagged peaches with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BB - Oh no! The juice is the best part. The finale of your scenario is quite likely considering the recent debacle with my wallet (see my last but one post: "Butteremere Horseshoe").

    ReplyDelete