For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Monday 28 September 2020

Gates

Monday 28th September 2020

Have you seen those advertisements when buying something that needs some kind of assembly? They show you a picture of perhaps four items you will need, for example: a screwdriver, a delicate hammer, a tape measure and a pencil.

Over the last few days I made a pair of gates for my neighbour. I kept the tools I was using on top of the freezer in my garage. This is how they ended up when I had finished yesterday afternoon.


The rarely used Karcher window cleaner is there by default and not surprisingly had nothing to do with the gate construction.The same applies to the pack of Tesco washing powder.



 

5 comments:

  1. Are you taking contracts? I need a new front gate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BC and Afoot - The advantage of this project was that both I and my tools were within a few feet of the operation. If I went anywhere else there would inevitably be stuff that was not to hand. NO CONTRACTS. NO SECOND CAREER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very nice set of gates ...

    ... but the scene atop your freezer is positively tame compared with how our utility room worksurface has looked for the last two months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gayle - I tidied it all yesterday (ready for the next project?)

    ReplyDelete