For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Thursday 25 April 2019

Day 2

Friday 25th April - Brewood ro upper LudstoneSD 801 953

Off to a good start at 8:00 am. Sunny but fresh wind and odd shows. Got caught in two thunderstorms, once under shelter of trees and then whilst in cafė Pattingham. Much better walking on proper old bridleways and quiet roads in more affluent countryside. Met one farmer who was sort of apologetic for the mass volume of oil seed rape cultivated just to harves the tiny seeds. Arrived at Boycott arms where I had previously obtained permission to camp in their beer garden. Here I am now at 5:30 - there has just Been a three quarter hour rainstorm but the Terra Nova didn't blink an eye. Off to the pub shortly for some grub.
Easy navigation today except for one footpath went through a horsey farm. It was all squared of with twenty or thirty squares bounded by electric fencing. Finding the way through and unhooking the fastenings was tedious and frustrating and time consuming.

Typing on the iPad it is hit and miss if you want to go back and insert or correct with the cursor.

1 comment:

  1. Probably not appropriate, but I wonder whether a separate, very lightweight 'proper' keyboard might help? Whatever, your posting is perfectly understandable.
    Onwards!

    ReplyDelete