For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Friday 10 March 2017

Cumbria Coastal Way 6 - slideshow

The last post for Cumbria Coastal Way 6, (Millom to Bootle Station) had strange photos because of an unintended, erroneous setting on my camera.

For those interested I have converted all the photos, some of which were not shown on the post, into black and white, with what I think are rather pleasing results.

Click on the link CLICK HERE and when Dropbox opens click on the first thumbnail, then "full screen" at the bottom to see the slideshow to full advantage. Each black and white photo is preceded by the green cast original.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, very strange setting for your photo's. If you have sussed it out what went wrong i would be interested to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AlanR - On my Panasonic TZ60 there there is a setting called Creative Control it has many sub-settings:

    Toy Effect
    Miniature Effect
    Soft Focus
    Star Filter
    One Point Color (sic)
    Expressive
    Retro
    Old Days
    High Key
    Low Key
    Sepia
    Dynamic Monochrome
    Impressive ArtHigh Dynamic
    Cross Process

    It was one of those that was selected in error, but there isn't time in the day to trawl through and try to find out which one it was. When I found out I twiddled the knob without looking, thus removing the setting that I had taken the photos on. I suspect it was "Retro"

    ReplyDelete