For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Monday 3 September 2018

Blogger problems



Following the disappearance of some of the older photos on this blog I had a look at the Blogger forum and posted my problem. Surprisingly I had a reply asking for links to posts with vanished photos. I sent a couple of links and then received the reply below.

It seems that it is not the fault of Blogger, rather me using an app called Blogpress, so at least I now know what has happened and will be able to avoid this problem in future.

Blogger seems to be making more effort to communicate and resolve problems; n.b. their fixing for email comments notifications. In the past I gave that route up as a bad job, but will certainly go that way again if I have any more problems.



CLICK TO ENLARGE





Thanks for your comprehensive reply. At least I now know how this has happened. I have used the app called Blogpress in the past when posting from my iPad during my long distance backpacking walks. Nowadays WiFi is much more widely available and I find I can post most of the time from Blogger Dashboard as I do at home from my Mac desktop. I have plenty of things to occupy my time and I don’t think I will bother to try and reinstate the vanished photos - water under the bridge, but I will certainly not be using Blogpress again. Once more many thanks for your efforts which have at least given me a certain peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment