For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Sunday 20 August 2017

Berwick 2 - finish


Walked from Settle to Hellifield today. The other knee is playing up and I have foot problems making for no enjoyment, so on train home. Further report to follow after I get home.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. how grievously disappointed you must be - but discretion is truly the better part of valour

    you had had to do over-long days, in my humble opinion (and it seems of others), which won't have helped either of the issues you mention

    so have some rest and easy strolls and give things time - think how much you have achieved since you said no to the other knee op - very impressive



    ReplyDelete
  2. Terribly disappointing for you Conrad but wise words from gimmer. You have achieved so much and Lynne and I often say how much we admire your optimism and motivation. Mileages did seem on the high side though - but I wouldn't have dared to say so...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a disappointment. Perhaps a couple of days of rest will sort the problem and you can continue - I do hope so.
    As others have said, you did seem to be pushing the daily mileage!
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to read of your latest setback. We hope you recover quickly and get back out there on the trail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All - Thanks for your comments and my reply to all is summed up in my latest post "Berwick summary"

    ReplyDelete