For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Tuesday 15 August 2017

Berwick 2 day 1

Tuesday 15th August

2:30 pm

This is the first day of the resumption of my walk from Berwick-upon-Tweed to Castle Cary in Somerset. I fell seven days into the walk and broke my arm.

I am now in Lands Farm b and b at Westgate in Weardale. That was my intended overnight on the day I fell, but I ended up waiting four hours for an ambulance at the Hare and Hounds pub instead. I will be eating there tonight and renewing contact, and then starting the walk proper tomorrow morning.

Daughter Jill (High Horse) drove me up here, but I received a phone call from Lands Farm at 8:00am this morning saying that the farmer had suffered a severe accident with a quad bike and was in hospital undergoing surgery. His wife needed to know what time I would arrive so she could square that with a potential hospital visit. I will conclude this day's report after the pub tonight.

----------------------
7:00 pm

The Hare and Hounds brew their own beer. I have renewed acquaintance with the landlord Colin, and Alli, one of the two angels who looked after me has turned up - Cathy is expected later. Before leaving home I had a blog exchange with Mike Knipe who I had discovered may be well known at the pub. I was not wrong! Colin had tales to tell! Mike had predicted game pie and I have just demolished a good helping, along with a pint of Wear Wulf (Weardale) get it? And Cath has now arrived. What splendid food and exceptional beer. A great start to my resumed walk. Looking forward to tomorrow.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Westgate, Weardale

4 comments:

  1. Was lovely to see you Conrad, enjoy your walk and be safe! Oh and thanks for the drinks!Me and Ali will be keeping tabs on you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Conrad, and take care.
    ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. All the best on your walk and I hope the weather improves for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All i and cath. Thanks for your message and it was good to see you both again. Looks like Weardale is a good community..

    --------------

    Both Alan's - thanks for your good wishes..

    ReplyDelete