For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Sunday 10 June 2018

Emergency phone procedure


I came across this video on The Two Blondes site. I was aware of most of this information and already had my iPhone registered but the video fills in a few things  I was a bit hazy about and which I found interesting, so worth sharing.

CLICK HERE

3 comments:

  1. Interesting. However, the Braemar MRT say in their book that if a call is transmitted via a carrier other than your own, then if you hang up to preserve your battery for example - not an uncommon occurrence apparently - they can’t call you back. This may have changed since their book was published or may not apply to 112 but it would be worth checking. They were talking about 999.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afoot - That is interesting and worth bearing in mind. I suspect that 112 may overcome that problem. It sounds from the description in the video that they have tried to cover all eventualities within the limits of the technology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I can find out, if you make an emergency call using 112 using a carrier other than your own then hang up, the MRT cannot call you back until you have a signal from your own carrier.i

      Delete