For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Thursday 13 August 2015

Canal du Midi - recent photos.

Some recent photos. I'm struggling with the Panasonic transfer system. They are not chronological.




The man who invited me onto his boat the first day.


Today - zoom to distant Pyrenees. 50 km away I was told.


Trying to get some shade.


My room in the auberge tonight - has its own little balcony. Very pleasant.


Walking round the canal basin coming out of Castlaudary.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I think you've spelled the town name incorrectly but I can't be bothered to check. For VR and me the town is significant and we stayed the night there. Even more significant was where we'd come from - the Caen ferry terminal. I was driving the Lexus for the first time in France, the first car I owned with air conditioning. A/C allowed me to drive with windows closed and thus avoid fatiguing wind roar on a very hot day. We left the ferry at 6 am and just kept on driving; we'd allowed two days to get to our villa in Marseillan on the Mediterranean coast and could easily have reached it in one day. Castel-whatever is the HQ of the French Foreign Legion. I suspect you won't be too far away from Le Moulin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RR - yes, it should be Castelnaudray - el not le. I guessed it was probably wrong when I typed it but, like you, couldn't be bothered to check - attention to detail in the field is not as easy as it is chez-moi. Didn't realise proximity to Le Moulin and I can't remember exactly where it was. How did we ever mange without air-con?

    ReplyDelete