For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Replies to comments

John Proud - well done with your charity.
I do have the JHBell book. If my elder brother is reading this he might rightfully claim that the book belongs to him. According to another ex climber I met on the hills between Llanfairfrechan and Conway there is a Suicide Wall in Wales. I will have a look when I get back.
It seems more peaceful walking through the countryside. There is nobody about at all.
BG - thanks for the link. This is a fascinating story which I will likely research further when I return. I would like to know more about theI individual who set this madcap scheme afoot. Wikipedia only seems to refer to the companies concerned, but maybe I missed something. Poking about with the iPhone on the Internet is not too user friendly.
Gayle - whatever you say I think it was a great achievement, especially organising the logistics in Scotland.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment