For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Friday 6 June 2014

On a lighter note

My regular Thursday walk with Pete took place on Wednesday this week because of the business meeting referred to in my previous post.

Once again we found ourselves walking on a peaceful country lane not far from home that neither of us, despite my now fourteen years in Arnside, had previously trodden. Spring was in full bloom and roadside flowers  at their best. A slight drizzle prevailed throughout, but even so the dull lighting supported some half decent photos.

There were seven geocaches on the route - we only found four. The geocache counter on the sidebar of my blog is now creeping towards 300.








Sorry snail - I chopped your horn off. These modern viewing screens are useless.

3 comments:

  1. This is on my doorstep too, but completely unfamiliar territory! It was only the junction number which helped me fathom out where you'd been.
    When I first moved to Silverdale I drew a circle on an old pathfinder map and made it a bit of a mission to walk all of the paths within that radius, but clearly I've never widened the arc. Perhaps I should revisit that strategy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandfather once told me colors are enhanced by the wet and rain. I believe it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark - geocaching is a good way of making new discoveries.

    --------------

    Mike M - d'accord.

    ReplyDelete