For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Thursday 19 June 2014

Wetherby to Cawood (South east of Tadcaster)

Wednesday

thenuttyduckI wanted to make the Castle Inn here, they have a camping and caravan site. I departed Wetherby at 10:15 to do 17 plus miles. A bit tight for an old gent like me. I eventfully arrived at 6:15pm. A good site and I was only charged £5 when they found out I hadn't brought all my domestic appliances with me.

The walk had been a mixture of riverbank leve, Tarmac and farm tracks - generally pleasant and enjoyable. Stopped off in Tadcaster for tea and toasted tea cake.

Earlier I had a moment of panic. The IPad mini Memory Map was only showing in an unreadable dark purple until I realised I was trying to view through my newly acquired Polaroid clip-ons.

Why is the last two miles on these trips often a problem? I came into Cawood on a series of confusing farm tracks and then a very difficult to find footpath, but I staggered in eventually. For the first time I can remember I fell asleep in a pub - that was between main course and pudding. I was woken by a friendly Staffordshire bull terrier who was very interested in where my socks had been and then wanted to play ball.


- uPosted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Collecting dogs again already?!?!?!?
    17 miles!!! Mmmm - seem to remember making a comment about that as you were leaving!

    ReplyDelete